Home

Monday, July 18, 2011

Goodbye United States...Hello Uganda Africa!

And we're off! Almost.
It is currently 5:30 a.m. and my team and I are packed and ready to go. With passports, reservation numbers, malaria pills, sunscreen, and iPods in hand we are prepared to face Africa...and the 48 hours of travel it takes to get there.
I can now honestly say it's hit me. I am SO excited. After packing for almost a week, after cramming everything we possibly could into bags, after blood, sweat, and tears were shed (seriously) we are leaving. It's happening! God has blessed us so much with this opportunity and I cant way to watch and learn as my team and I grow in Him and in each other.
For those of you wondering we fly out of SLC to Chicago, have a 5 hour layover, fly to London, England, have a 12 hour layover (we will be taking a tour of the city, then fly to Enttebbe, Uganda where we will meet our hosts, Pam and Paul Hunter, and then, finally, we will drive two hours to Jinja, Uganda.
I will keep this updated! Thanks to everyone for their love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment