Home

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

11

11.
The number I have now come to on the calendar of which has been counting down the days until my return to Uganda for over a year. Eleven more days until I and four others will board the plane that will take us to Chicago, London, then on to Entebbe, Uganda. Eleven more days until we will embark on a journey of a lifetime. Going to Uganda is such a privilege, a blessing. Travelling there last year changed my life, gave me a continued focus, and spawned Hands4Uganda. While this year I will be travelling with a much smaller team I know that with our five pairs of hands we will change at least one life. Show at least one person that they have a Father in heaven who loves them more than life itself. And that is worth the entire trip. The whole thing.
I never imagined I would be leading a team to Uganda at age 17. At age 11 my mother told me I would be allowed to go to Africa for the first time once I was 18. Obviously that was changed to me going two years earlier.
The mix of emotions I am feeling at this point is mainly overruled by the excitement of going. The team and I still have many preparations to make and things to do. Our largest feat will be packing, so many things, so little space. And we are still collecting things! Our biggest needs include items for packets we are hoping to pass out to the children at Rock of Ages including things such as clothes, shoes, toiletries, small toys, coloring books, stickers, and any kind of hard candy. If you would like to help us in our quest to make 130 packets visit
http://www.hands4uganda.org/News/sendagifttoyourchild for more information.
I will be updating this blog often as the trip approaches and unfolds. I ask for your prayers of safety and blessings, that this experience will not be taken for granted, that our eyes will be opened to Gods extravagant love, and that we will submit to His plan for us while there instead of trying to stick to our own agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment