Home

Monday, November 8, 2010

So here we are..

I have now been home for a total of 140 days and am counting down the days until my return trip to Uganda(hopefully if all goes well there will only be 204 days until my return to the mother land).

Although Hands4Uganda has been keeping me busy and my head out of the clouds I cannot help but think about going back. There is something about Uganda that has simply captivated me. I miss everything about it. The people, the towns, the villages, the heat, the sky, the jungle, the Nile, the birds, even the dirt. I have vivid dreams that I am once again in Jinja town and walking in the market or down the street near the compound. Or that I am preparing frantically to leave the next day and I am having a horrible time remembering what to pack. For this reason I have made a complete packing list, simply so when that time comes I will be fully prepared (actually I had my return packing list made and ready to go basically by the time I got home from trip 1. I just couldn't help it!)

I am hoping to get some trip details straightened out as soon as possible. I am will be visiting with Syd either tomorrow or Wednesday about flights, ideas, organizations etc. and emailing Rufus Van Dyke in hopes of getting him fully committed to leading a team in June. Maybe we will end up having two teams go? Tomanya.

No comments:

Post a Comment