Home

Monday, November 15, 2010

Living my dream

A few days ago I stumbled across a blog that particularly caught my attention. I was doing some research on different programs in Jinja and found Amazima Ministries International. Amazima does a few separate things including a sponsorship program for over 400 children, a necklace program, a community garden program, a chicken program, Masese feeding program, and a medical rehabilitation project. After clicking through the site I decided to read up on some of the blogs. This is when I "met" Katie Davis. Her initial story is very similar to my own. Having gone to Uganda she fell in love with the people and the culture. She started a child sponsorship program after returning a second time to teach a kindergarten class in Canaan. Now she lives in and for Uganda. I have started reading her blog (from the beginning) and I cannot believe how some of her posts so perfectly reflect my own. I cannot believe how some of her words match ones I have said. I cannot believe how she describes Africa and the love she has for everyone there and how she enjoys simply everything about it because all of those things are a mirror image to my thoughts, dreams, and heart.
I read her story and she is living my dream. She is my role model! Everything she is, everything she does, I hope to become. Here is one of the many excperts from her blog that are like words taken from my mouth. I am sure there will be many more quotes from her to come....


"beautiful.. sometimes i am walking through the noisy market, down the dusty africa road with the hotter-that-imaginable sun beating down on my face. everyone around me is blacker than the night. everything is beautiful. despite the sweltering heat, i get goose-bumps. i live in africa. i am in africa. this is africa and this is where i live and this is where i love. this is my place, where my heart and soul are. God has put me here, a place beyond all my dreams and imagination. i dont know why me. i dont know why anything. but i know. i am certain. this is THE PLAN. this is MY PLACE. and tears of joy run down my face, in the hot, dusty, noisiness, because i am HOME."

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment